Sous Chef - Hotel (no night shifts)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team at a busy unit near Swindon, SN4 0QJ. The unit client is Alexandra House Hotel & Conference Centre.
Alexandra House is a 150 bedroom Hotel & conference centre close to Swindon and the Cotswolds. We cater for a number of weddings and corporate events throughout the year and have 25 conference rooms.
For the right Sous Chef, we are offering a competitive salary, a supportive management system, and an enthusiastic team. You will be working 5 out of 7 days, 40 hours per week, no night shifts.Package description
- Up to £25,000 per annum dependant on experience
- 5 over 7 days
- Meals on duty
- Opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The role involves being responsible for making sure the operation is run smoothly, cooking meals from scratch and supporting the head chef. The Sous Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times. Support the existing team in food production covering the entire members dining operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation. Responsible for all aspects of food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH.Ideal candidate
- Have previous people management experience
- Have previous Sous Chef experience at high volume
- Passionate for food
- Be able to deliver a high standard of service
- Loves diversity in their work
- Must have enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Be able to drive as Public Transport is not widely available
Eurest prides itself on creating contemporary foodservice solutions from the tea-room to the boardroom - and everything in between - for business and workplace industry clients.
We bring exceptional culinary creativity and flair, style and hospitality to employee restaurants, cafés and executive dining rooms.