Porter Whiston Hospital
3 days left
- Full Time
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Porter to work at St Helens Hospital, working 20 hours per week on a variable rota; working days, evenings and night shifts.Package description
St Helen's Hospital is looking to recruit a Porter to work for Medirest on a Permanent Contract.
The successful candidate must be flexible with their working hours as you will be working a varied shift pattern which will include, Days, Nights and Weekends.In return we will guarantee you a minimum of 20 hours per week.Main responsibilities
- Transportation and transfer of patients around the hospital
- Taking blood samples, specimens and medication around the hospital in a timely and pleasant manner.
- Delivering medical gas cylinders, equipment, stores, furniture, pharmaceutical and pathology items.
- To take linen, case notes and the removal and disposal of waste of which some duties can be heavy.
- Transport the deceased to the mortuary
- Excellent service skills with great attentive customer care skills
- Good command of the English language
- Awareness of both food and personal hygiene standards however full training will be provided
- Must be flexible in your approach to work
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- You must be able to do one of the following shift patterns
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success, that's why we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.