OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
To prepare, cook and present food quickly and efficiently. To ensure the smooth running of the kitchen, at all times and to supervise, train and motivate others with the key aim of delivering food to our customers as quickly as possible.
- Ensure the efficient and smooth running of the kitchen.
- Promote and maintain good working relationships throughout the catering team.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Shift Leaders, commis chefs, general assistants and kitchen porters with particular attention to the allocation of their duties and specific tasks.
- Prepare and distribute duty rotas for staff teams, taking into account planned activities and any staff absence. Ensure that rotas are clearly displayed and manage any necessary changes.
- Work with The Pub Manager to recruit, train and develop staff to achieve high standards of quality food production by teaching new skills, emphasising the importance of presentation, developing new dishes and garnishes.
- Carry out, monitor and ensure effective recording of staff training.
- Undertake a mentoring and coaching role to support the development of all members of the catering team.
- Undertake induction training for all new staff in the department.
- Undertake training as agreed to enhance and improve personal skills and knowledge.
- Manage and control daily food costs to ensure that food production is achieved within budgetary limits on the production of all dishes. Work with The Pub Manager to ensure that the agreed budget for the department is adhered to.
- Ensure that details of all orders are recorded according to set procedures.
- Ensure that stock levels are kept at agreed levels so that groceries are fresh and frozen products are used quickly and rotated in a systematic way
- Check deliveries on receipt ensuring that faulty items are returned
- Ensure that an effective stock rotation procedure is adhered to at all times and assist in the monthly stocktake
- Demonstrate and maintain high standards of cooking to meet and exceed
- customer expectations.
- Ensure that high levels of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Devise and plan menus
- Cost all menus and special events requirements using the most up-to-date ingredient costs and according to agreed formula.
- Ensure that the duties allocated to team members are rotated to enable staff to become competent in all sections of the kitchen
- Take responsibility for the management and supervision of the wash up area and the staff duties required to operate this area.
- Instil into the kitchen a culture of essential hygiene practices connected with storage, cooking and storage of food; the importance of clean, tidy and hygienic working practice such as use of knives, chopping boards, table surfaces etc. and lead by example in observing the rules concerning personal hygiene and appearance.
- To maintain and ensure confidentiality of information and ensure a professional approach in the clients interests at all times.
- To be flexible to the changes within work systems, methods and routine and to assist in facilitating those changes in working practice and method
- To perform any other reasonable duties that may be requested by the Manager.
- In accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 be aware of and work with the safety policies of the The Blue Boar.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
To be responsible for working in a safe manner, in line with Health & Safety Policies, and for bringing any health and safety issues/hazards to the attention of your line manager.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"