Summary of Job Purpose:
To ensure the highest standard of catering by providing high quality nutritious food for all Residents, regardless of their physical or mental disability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To comply with Company standards and EHA policies and procedures
- To provide, within budget, a well-balanced and nutritional menu
- To ensure food suppliers provide fresh and high quality produce
- To review the menu with the Home Manager in order to reflect regional and seasonal variations
- Review meals with Residents and staff to ensure that the food meets the dietary needs of all (liquid, soft, puree etc.).
- Maintain and supervise a robust cleaning schedule which ensures high standards of hygiene as per Company policy and as outlined in the Food Safety Manual
- Maintain and supervise food monitoring charts as per Company policy
- Ensure all staff wear their uniform as per Company policy when working in the kitchen environment.
- Maintain an organised and efficient kitchen environment
- Ensure a food ordering system is in place
- Undertake catering audits following discussion with the Home Manager.
- Prepare menus and ensure they are on display throughout the restaurants
- Undertake staff supervision and document the outcome
- Chair the Food Committee meeting and implement any changes following agreement with the Home Manager
- Ensure sub-kitchens throughout the home are kept clean and stocked. Check fridges, remove and destroy out-of-date food
- Participate in staff recruitment and induction
- Ensure a staff rota is in place with sufficient, competent staff covering all shifts seven days per week
- Support the Home Manager in the planning of special events within the home.
- Communicate effectively with Residents, their relatives/friends, other staff and external visitors to the Home and deal sensitively with any concerns
- Keep personal knowledge and job skills up to date to ensure that Residents receive the best possible nutritional care.
Health and Safety
- Carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard to the health, safety and welfare of self, staff, Residents and other persons within Porthaven Care Homes.
Generic Core Duties
- Positively promote the Home through personal conduct both within and out with working hours
- Ensure that you have read and understood all relevant company policies and procedures and that you comply with these at all times
- Attend and participate in all training sessions and staff meetings
- Maintain good working relationships with all colleagues at all times
- Any other reasonable task requested by your Home Manager which is within your area of competence.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £15.00 /hour
- Chef: 2 years
- Management: 1 year
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"