Location: Virginia Water
Overall Job Purpose:
To support the seamless running of the restaurant by providing a highly efficient and effective service, ensuring standards are maintained and customer needs are anticipated. To establish and maintain a good working relationship with the Grill team as well as other food and beverage departments.
· Responsible for supporting the smooth operation of the restaurant, ensuring that all members receive the highest level of service, care and attention.
· Responsible for maintaining restaurant standards as well as being a professional and valued member of the team with a flexible approach to improving service.
· Maintain extensive knowledge of all menu offerings and be able to deliver and provide all guests with an exceptional service.
· To ensure that all employees are treated fairly and consistently as dictated in Company policies and procedures, as well as current legislation.
· To have a focus on service with the drive and enthusiasm to continually improve standards.
· To be procedural and ensure that no our standard operating procedures are followed at all times to ensure a consistent quality service is delivered.
· To provide a quick, efficient, courteous and professional service at all times whilst demonstrating a high standard of personal appearance. Always wearing the full and correct uniform as well as ensuring good personal hygiene.
· To promote sales and build a rapport with members.
· To monitor/improve, and then maintain, the standards of service given by all the team members.
· To ensure the restaurant is set according to standards.
· To develop and encourage the team through leading by example as well as ensuring that procedures are carried out in line with standard practice.
· To ensure the highest standards of service by completing ‘on the job' training and monitoring other team member's service.
· To arrive punctually at work for rostered shift. If absence or lateness occurs, ensure that company procedure is followed.
· Ensuring consistent and constant development and training is in place to maintain high morale and motivation of team members.
· To monitor standards and supply of all restaurant equipment, ensuring management is aware of any needs.
· To ensure Company property is treated with due care and attention.
· To attend meeting/training sessions as required by the management team to develop your knowledge and understanding of restaurant practices.
· To identify training requirements as well as organise and follow through with both “on the job” and theoretical training.
· To be fully aware of current legislation regarding hygiene, licensing laws, weights and measures as they apply to the restaurant.
· Adhering to cleaning checklists and opening, closing procedures, ensuring that all staff is aware of these and checking back they have been completed
· To monitor the service standards of the team and support the implementation of action plans for improvement when necessary.
· To manage a section during service, taking orders and issuing bills as well as maintaining responsibility for any member's requests.
· To aim to always want to exceed the members ‘expectations and inform managers of any complaints/ comments or perceived issues from guest or members of staff.
· To show due care and attention when handling customer payments, ensuring members confidentiality is respected at all times.
Apply for Head Waiter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly