National Account Manager - Catering
4 days left
- Full Time
Bestway Wholesale is the largest privately owned food and drink wholesaler in the UK, supplying over 150,000 customers from our nationwide network of over 60 depots. We’ve achieved our success by offering the best prices, service and support to help caterers and licensees succeed for the last 40 years.
Bestway Batleys Foodservice is our division which services multiple accounts, both national and regional and is the fastest growing part of the business. Bestway Batleys Foodservice is now looking for a National Accounts Manager to take our business to the next level. Although regular travel to our Head Office will be required in this role we are open to considering applications from candidates based within reasonable travelling distance to any of our sites across the UK.
In this pivotal role, as well as having overall P&L responsibility for contracts and multiple accounts, you will lead and direct the Contracts team in winning new business whilst also translating current accounts into strategic growth plans by identifying opportunities to introduce products and services within your customer base.
Key responsibilities of this role, amongst others, will include to:-
- Identify and nurture new regional and national business opportunities through to conversion via a planned targeted account approach and prior networks or relationships in the licensed, foodservice and contract catering sectors across the UK.
- Manage these accounts once brought on board.
- Manage and defend existing contracted business.
- Set and negotiate trade terms and service levels ensuring the highest possible levels of return are achieved without compromising sustainability of relationships.
- Support account base in the sell through process via a structured and profitable “win win” promotional program framework.
- Deliver against full legal and compliance frameworks such as allergen and food safety guidance.
- Partner with internal operational teams to ensure that account execution is in line with customer expectations and set KPI’s/SLA’s.
- Work closely with trading colleagues to ensure that supplier negotiation and rebate information is robust and up to date.
To succeed in this role you will have a solid understanding of foodservices, wholesale and retail business sales operation. You’ll come to the role with experience of expertly handling formalised tendering processes as well as compiling formal tenders.
Skilful time management will also be one of your strengths, as well as your excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and develop a team with confidence. This role will be responsible for 7 Contracts and Regional Account Managers and one administrator.
This role offers an attractive salary and benefits package including private healthcare, company car, fuel card and a contributory pension.
For the last 40 years, we at Bestway have been passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact on an ambitious company that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, this is the role for you.
If you like the look of this role, click "apply".