The independent, intrepid and original choice for stylish cafes, staff restaurants and business hospitality; meetings and events in iconic venues; and contemporary dining rooms in visitor attractions.
Salary/Hourly Rate: £24,000
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 40 hours P/W
Contract Type: Permanent
Contact Name: Mathieu Le Dizet
Responsible for the Hospitality operation at a given site. Involved in providing teh catering and running events in accordance with client requirements and Harbour & Jones standards.
Food Service- Ensure that the client expectations of hospitality food and food service are consistently delivered in line with the Harbour & Jones brand at a given event.
- Conduct full briefings to all staff regarding events, detailing food and food service standards to ensure that the staff are fully aware of the client requirements and their role in delivery.
- Continually monitor the service and food provided at the event and where necessary give feedback to the service team to ensure the food and service is of the highest quality and in line with client requirements and the Harbour & Jones style.
- Where necessary contribute to the team’s efforts to ensure the service is provided in a professional and timely manner.
Customer Service- Maintain a high degree of visibility and a hands on approach throughout the event.
- Act as the first point of reference for all client comments and concerns at a given event, take any necessary action and inform the General Manager of same.
- Actively gain customer feedback and to use the information to improve the offering at any given event.
Finance- Working with the General Manager ensure that correct number of staff are available for any given event and that staff are utilised effectively and productively throughout.
- Ensure that ordering and invoices are beeing proceded for their site.
- Compile month-end data (Revenue, stock, overtime...)
Managing/Developing a Team- Ensure all staff carry out tasks in accordance with company health, hygiene, quality and safety standards as set out in the appropriate Harbour & Jones manual.
- As directed by the GM provide induction, initial skills and on the job training for all Hospitality staff to ensure the service is delivered in line with client expectations and Harbour & Jones standards.
Personality- Ability to develop relationships with clients and colleagues. Energetic and enthusiastic. Keen to take on additional responsibilities and able to complete tasks without constant reference and support. Pays attention to detail. Works and contributes to events and service rather than stands back and observe. Good interpersonal skills. Well presented and professional.
- Use of internet and e mail essential. Able to use MS Office particularly Excel, Word desirable but not essential.
Literacy and Numeracy- Ability to understand basic finance as applied to hospitality /event business Good written communication skills.
Commercial Skills- Good communication skills with a confident approach. Interested in current developments and trends events and event management with evidence of creativity in event delivery. Committed to delivering excellence in customer service.
Management Ability- Able to provide effective feedback to staff. Able to coach and support team members to ensure that they deliver food and food service effectively and in line with the Harbour & Jones brand.
Minimum of 1 year previous experience as a Hospitality Supervisor in a comparable site/ venue or highly developed Hospitality Assistant with necessary potential to extend responsibilities. A level/ GSCEs or similar desirable in Mathematics and English Language. Knowledge of HACCP and COSHH. Passionate and interested in food and food service especially focused on events.
If you feel you have the above qualities and more, and you want to work within a forward thinking company whose passion for food, people development & excellent customer / client service is second to none - then we want to hear from you.