Executive Head Chef - Glasgow
EXECUTIVE HEAD CHEF - GLASGOW
Up to £55,000
FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY - HIGH PROFILE EXHIBITION CENTRE
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Executive Head Chef to join our catering team at this prestigious exhibition centre based in the heart of Glasgow.
The SEC is Scotland’s largest event Campus and home to The SSE Hydro, the second busiest entertainment venue in the world.
With capacities ranging from the 3,000 seat SEC Armadillo to the 13,000 capacity SSE Hydro, the venue has hosted major sporting occasions, the World’s biggest live entertainment acts, high profile consumer exhibitions, not to mention International Conferences which welcome visitors from right across the Globe, all of which demand very different approaches to Food & Drink.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the General Manager.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- SEC Food is all about quality and innovation, where the job holder is the owner of menu development and standards for both regular and one off events, across Live Events, C&E and Exhibitions to drive sales, manage volumes and compliance through preferred suppliers and local sourcing where applicable
- Develop and deliver a tiered portfolio of menus and price points - to appeal to multiple guest types and volumes and also flexed to events
- Deliver internal & external client tasting sessions
- People management of fixed and variable chefs on site to include effective leadership, recruitment, engagement, training, development and motivation
- Margin control and menu costing, underpinned by correct and consistent portion and production control principles and regular stocktaking
- Management and optimisation of food suppliers as per purchasing guidelines
- Legislative and company HSE procedures and standards compliance
- Own the event logistic plans and sharing of best practice across all SEC Campus areas
- Manage relationships with 3rd party suppliers/partners who are contracted to deliver services on our behalf
- Accomplished and experienced Executive Chef – with a minimum of 5 - 10 years relevant experience
- Experience of strategic / tactical planning and execution of culinary elements across multi sites with high volumes, without compromising quality.
- High volume retail experience
- Experience of leading and managing large and complex teams to deliver results
- A self-starter, passionate about food and high standards
- Track record of creativity to keep pace with food trends and translate them to exciting and appealing menu and food offers for C&E, Hospitality catering, whilst also able to deliver consistent high standards in retail volume food offers.
- Commercial minded with evidence of successfully managing costs in line with exceptional delivery
- Effectively juggles multiple priorities and timescales to ensure consistent service delivery
- Can manage across stakeholder groups and delivers on promises
- International experience would be a bonus.
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio