Chef De Partie
We have an exciting opportunity for a Chef De Partie to join the team at the prestigious Lancaster Royal Grammar School.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Chef De Partie to work closely within a highly experienced team running the evening service.
For the right candidate we offer fantastic career development programmes and management training opportunities. We encourage our staff to be the best they can be and support future career aspirations.Package description
£9.59 per hour, 36 hour per week, Tuesday - Saturday!
Easily accessible via public transport
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension scheme
Up to 10% discount in various high street stores
Plenty of opportunity to progress within the companyMain responsibilities
To work closely with the team of Chefs to aid in the day to day operation and control procedures of the kitchen and all the food operations at all times, whilst complying with company standards and policies. To ensure the overall management of the food operation including set up and break down and operation of these areas.
You need to be proactive, professional with a positive and ambitious attitude. If you put in the work you will be recognised.Ideal candidate
- Passionate and aims to cook to the highest quality freshest food possible
- Preferably come from either education, high profile B&I site or from a hotel background
- Good motivator and able to work well within a team
- IT literate
- Have excellent culinary skills with great attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends and fashions
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- A team player with experience of supervising a team within a similar environment
- You will have Qualified to NVQ level1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and work well within a team
- Immaculate personal presentation, outgoing, passionate, excellent customer service and communication skills are required for this highly visible position
- PVG check required
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK, part of Compass Group UK&Ireland. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative menus delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great food comes from great ingredients. Our Chefs use seasonal produce, adding their own individual creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.