Host is a fresh food company with a number of contracts in the education and healthcare industry a business built around passionate, professional people who seek a level of empowerment to enable them to make their statement in the world of contract catering food and service
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To manage an efficient and effective catering operation in accordance with client requirements, company standards and statutory regulations.
* To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
* To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour
* To ensure that all purchases are for fresh ingredients (where possible) and are from nominated suppliers
* To continually strive to offer new food trends and ideas to the client with the overall purpose of developing exciting menus and ensuring that the unit is continually offering new products
* Ensure area of responsibility is kept clean and tidy at all times.
* To provide customer and client feedback to further develop CH&Co standards and reflect market changes.
* To ensure all employees in your direct control adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Operational Standards
* To ensure recruitment, induction, training, promotion, performance management, development and discipline of all employees within your direct responsibility.
* To ensure the team work to menu costings and pre- determined recipes
* To establish a committed and motivated team focused on the delivery of CH&Co
* To cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold. Analyse weekly sales mix and take remedial action to improve performance where necessary
* Manage and control labour costs to achieve operational success in line with an agreed number of hours.
* To grow the business in the unit through maximising uptake, spend per head and achievement of gross profit target (or equivalent
* To assist in the formation of annual budgets in respect of food sales, gross profit and innovation.