CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Charlton House, our business and industry division specialising in high quality staff catering services and support services such as reception across the UK.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To manage an efficient and effective catering operation in accordance with client requirements, company standards and statutory regulations.
* To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
* To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour
* To ensure that all purchases are for fresh ingredients (where possible) and are from nominated suppliers
* To continually strive to offer new food trends and ideas to the client with the overall purpose of developing exciting menus and ensuring that the unit is continually offering new products
* Ensure area of responsibility is kept clean and tidy at all times.
* To provide customer and client feedback to further develop CH&Co standards and reflect market changes.
* To ensure all employees in your direct control adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Operational Standards
* To ensure recruitment, induction, training, promotion, performance management, development and discipline of all employees within your direct responsibility.
* To ensure the team work to menu costings and pre- determined recipes
* To establish a committed and motivated team focused on the delivery of CH&Co
* To cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold. Analyse weekly sales mix and take remedial action to improve performance where necessary
* Manage and control labour costs to achieve operational success in line with an agreed number of hours.
* To grow the business in the unit through maximising uptake, spend per head and achievement of gross profit target (or equivalent
* To assist in the formation of annual budgets in respect of food sales, gross profit and innovation.