CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Ampersand, an experienced player specialising in bespoke catering at some of the UK's most iconic venues and visitors attractions.Summary
To manage an efficient and effective catering operation in accordance with client requirements, company standards and statutory regulations.Main Responsibilities:
- To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers
- To ensure that all the unit standards, administration, payroll, cash control, stock control and security procedures are accurate and in accordance with CH&Co policies and procedures
- To ensure full catering services are provided as agreed within the client contract.
- To continually strive to offer new food trends and ideas to the client with the overall purpose of developing exciting menus and ensuring that the unit is continually offering new products and stays ahead of our competitors.
- Organise work throughout the unit in a manner that facilitates efficient customer service and profitable operations
- To ensure all employees in the unit adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Company handbook
- To ensure through effective communication, that all unit employees consistently demonstrate an excellent level of customer care, selling techniques, merchandising skills and knowledge of current promotions
- To ensure recruitment, induction, training, promotion, performance management, development and discipline of all employees occurs in the units. Full job performance of all employees to be achieved through accordance with company employment and equal opportunities policies. Appropriate records must be kept.
- To strive to continually exceed customer expectations and provide excellent customer care.
- Develop future budget, planning and delivery along with Operation’s Manager.
- To maximise sales generation through effective implementation of CH&Co marketing plans. To grow the business in the unit through maximising uptake and spend per head
- To ensure that all purchases are for fresh ingredients (where possible) and are from nominated suppliers using purchasing policy and price file on company intranet
- To maximise profit conversion through ensuring tight control of resources and cash control.
- Investigate revenue shortfalls and cost overspends relating to financial results for the unit and take action as necessary
- To ensure every possible effort is made to achieve unit turnover and profit targets
- To initiate and implement action plans appropriate to the achievement of the unit budget.