Loss Prevention Supervisor
1) Direct installation of covert surveillance equipment, such as security cameras throughout the distribution centre.
2) Maintain documentation of all loss prevention activity, report writing.
3) Collaborate with site management to investigate and solve internal theft or attempts through found packaging.
4) Monitor and review paperwork procedures and systems to support the on-site security team.
5) Investigate or interview individuals suspected of internal theft.
6) Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
7) Recommend improvements in loss prevention programs, staffing, scheduling, or training.
8) Maintain databases such as search check logs, incident report, alarm activation lists.
9) To provide support and training to the on-site security team.
10) Train security staff, team leaders, on loss control and prevention measures.
11) Perform or direct inventory investigations in response to shrink results outside of acceptable ranges.
12) Direct loss prevention audit programs including target store audits, maintenance audits, safety audits, or electronic article surveillance (EAS) audits.
13) Develop and maintain partnerships with DHL Management.
14) Assess security needs across the site to ensure proper deployment of security resources, such as staff and technology.
15) Analyze retail data to identify current or emerging trends in theft or fraud.
16) Advise security team, lead by example on compliance with applicable codes, laws, regulations, or standards.
17) Monitor compliance to operational, safety, or inventory control procedures, including physical security standards.
- Support the Unit Manager in supervising and development of the team
- Ensure the delivery of high standards of food quality and service
- Take responsibility for certain aspects of the business
- 1 -2 years of Loss Prevention Supervisor or Asset Protection Supervisor experience in a distribution centre, fulfilment centre or retail setting
- Knowledge of investigation/interviewing skills
Strong communicator, informal influencer and motivator
- You will need to work well as part of a team
- Be friendly and have a positive 'Can-do' attitude
- Communication and good conduct are key to working effectively
- Have a passion for food and quality service
- Standards driven with a hands on management style
- Self motivated and able to work in a busy environment
- Computer literate
- Good command of the English Language
14forty, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is a leading provider of food and support services in the business and industry sector. We offer high quality integrated facilities management (IFM) solutions to clients looking for a single provider. For organisations who rely on the performance of their people for their competitive edge, our integrated services provide the best customer experience and deliver value. In a rapidly changing world, we help our clients stay agile and one step ahead; our experts delivering great service in safe environments every day.
Built on the fact that there are 1440 precious minutes in every day, 14forty aims to maximise the productivity of each of these for its clients.