3 days left
- Full Time
Alexandra Palace is the iconic North London venue that offers everything you need for an event, along with the best panoramic views of London.
The Stock Controller is part of the Catering team and will oversee the management, purchase and replenishment of stock effectively maintaining optimum stock levels across all catering units. Experience in a similar role is essential in addition to proven experience supervising staff and excellent excel skills. Experience of accounting and stock control software is desirable.
This is a full time permanent position working 48 hours per week (5 days from 7)
Key duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for reviewing, receiving and checking all orders to confirm quantity and quality of stock (food and beverage, disposables and cleaning materials).
- Maintain accurate stock records and carry out regular cash to till analysis. Ensure delivery notes and invoices are processed on the stock management system
- Check latest cost prices against delivery notes and invoices querying discrepancies with suppliers ensuring that prices are within supplier framework agreements
- Carry out weekly updates of menu dishes and portion costs as required on the stock system
- Maintain adequate stock levels ensuring supply meets demand in anticipation of trading expectations
- Take responsibility for the accuracy of output data from the stock systems
- Conduct monthly external stock takes and weekly internal stock takes
- Responsible for monthly stock reconciliation including reporting and resolving discrepancies
- Responsible for the functionality of the EPOS and stock till systems liaising with external support and training users
- Level 2 food safety
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience working with food and beverage software
- Strong numeracy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent Excel skills
- Able to supervise staff and provide training and guidance
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal teams, suppliers and vendors
- IPAF certificate
- Experience using a stock control software
- Experience using EPOS till systems
- Experience of accounting systems
This is not an exhaustive list. Please see the job description for further details.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 26th July
Apply for Stock Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly