Head Chef - Central Ipswich - Iconic Venue - Opportunity for Excellence
We are an privately owned and well established restaurant/bistro/event venue with an extensive reputation. We have a passion for food and entertainment. We are in the business of providing an unforgettable experience every time someone visits our premises.
Our venue is iconic and unique. It lends itself to a everything from a simple coffee and cake to a full Wedding Banquet and Ball experience.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Head Chef to join our team, who will follow our passion for food quality and fresh Ingredients.
- You will be fully responsible for the logistics of the kitchen including recipe creation (innovation is king) ordering, preparation, stock control, chef and kitchen staff management.
- You need to have a flexible approach to your working schedule, the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining the highest standards of quality and service.
- To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
- To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard.
- To continually strive to innovate and generate ideas to make the venue the place to be and a destination for food lovers.
- Someone with a desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers.
- We are looking for someone who is willing to always push culinary boundaries and aim for the highest accolades in cuisine.
- A leader who will train, nurture and develop future talent within the business.
- Has had significant exposure to a variety of different commercial kitchens.
- A Strong Sous Chef looking to step into a Head Chef position or a Head Chef who wants to make a name for herself/himself.
- Significant experience of working in a commercial kitchen.
- Up to date knowledge of local food trends and culinary techniques.
- Able to demonstrate the highest level of food quality.
- To be part of a highly motivated team
- To help develop the business with ideas
- To become a known personality on Regional TV and Radio
- To conduct occasional cooking masterclasses for small numbers of food lovers
- To attend local county shows and exhibitions as a culinary expert
- To be an ambassador for good food in the Ipswich area.
£ 25,000 - 30,000 p.a. plus profit share after qualifying period (Estimated annual profit share £ 10,000 in Year 1 pro-rata but is unlimited).
Please contact Peter on 07977 059022 for an informal chat to see if we can work together to produce something great.