A hotel in the east of England, recently acquired by private individuals, requires a general manager to lead the venue into this new phase creating a truly unique and luxurious guest experience for this area. The goal is to make it the best hotel in the UK based on certain KPI’s.
In addition to the management of this property, there is an opportunity to manage others in the group.
About the role
The key to this role will be the ability to turn the vision and ideas of the owners into reality. Someone who can make it happen. This is a very exciting opportunity for the right person.
The GM will be fully responsible for all operational aspects of the hotel, with day-to-day management of staff and guests. This person will be an ambassador for the hotel brand, providing leadership by example to all staff and personnel. The strategic planning of all departments is paramount as is working closely with the management team (HODs). The person for this role must possess the skills and ability to work well with a team and demonstrate the ability to work under their own initiative.
You will be required to manage profitability and the measurement of guest satisfaction. Your responsibilities will include:
- The preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual operating budget. Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies. Prepare monthly financial reports for the owners.
- Ensure monthly financial outlooks for room venue, F&B, events and admin are on target and accurate.
- Help create and maintain a culture in-line with the company values.
- Maximising room yield and event revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Take ownership of any guest complaints and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members, ensuring career progression and development.
- Responsible for all legal requirements, ie Occupational Health & Safety, fire regulations, etc
This is an opportunity for you to take the next step in your career to help lead a high-profile venue to something even more special. Now is the time to make this a truly special venue, allowing you to build your professional reputation and make your mark.
Who we are looking for
Reporting directly to the business owners, candidates for the role of General Manager must be highly intelligent hotel professionals with a proven track record, outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience within both country house style hotels and more structured commercial venues.
This is a privately-owned business and as such, it is important the successful appointee understand the nuances of working in such an environment. The owners are entrepreneurs who look for innovative and exciting new ways to move their businesses forward.
Package and benefits
The salary will directly reflect the position within the company as well as the experience and expectations of the successful candidate.
Additional benefits could include:
- Accommodation – available if required, also assistance with re-location
- Rewarding bonus scheme
- Pension contribution
- Increased travel & holiday scheme
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"