As a Hospitality Supervisor at NG House Warwick, you will be acting as an ambassador for our company and our client business. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the catering and hospitality provision on site. To support and train the team to deliver a consistent service, within all company policies and procedures, follow all food legislation, and contract service level agreements. To champion best practice across all Service Streams and act as the driver for change in pursuit of continuous improvement.
You will plan, organise and implement the preparation of food, ensuring the Company’s reputation for food quality is enhanced with clients and customers. Working with the Catering Manager you will be responsible for compliance of Health, Safety, Food Hygiene and COSHH regulations. You will work to drive sales through centrally driven menu plans and promotions and ensure compliance with preferred suppliers.
A great ambassador will have immaculate standards of presentation and conduct, and do a great job. You will go the extra mile, leaving a lasting impression with your client, your customers and your colleagues.
To maintain a high standard of customer care, to safely manage all daily activities, to work effectively and adhere to all company (14forty FM Support Services & National Grid) local procedures and instructions.Main responsibilities
- Supervise all FOH staff, including Hospitality
- Work with Group Catering Manager/Head Chef to ensure all contracted hours are covered, absence is
- Provide monthly Health and Safety training to the team and ensure H&S behaviours are followed at all times and
- To ensure that all training needs in the department are monitored and the required training sessions are carried
- Provide induction and training to new starters and agency staff. To ensure personal files and e-learning are kept
- Working with the team, plan and cost weekly menus, when applicable
- Support Chefs to ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures
- Check food counters for presentation and quality
- Manage the cash onsite, following profit protection guidelines at all time
- Complete required paperwork, including wastage sheets, stock control, temperature monitoring,
- Ensure the offering from the restaurant is high quality at all times, the restaurant and counters are
- Ensure ordering is carried out using nominated suppliers, stock is maintained at appropriate levels
- Ensure adherence to portion control, and correct preparation and storage methods to avoid Wastage
- Plan special events and hospitality requirements with the Head Chef
- Point of contact for catering and hospitality queries, complaints and requests onsite
- Good communication skills in order to be able to liaise with a wide range of visitors, customers, stakeholders, management team members and colleagues within your work environment
- Experience in a catering service in a busy office environment
- Experience in supervising a team
- NVQ Level 2 or similar qualification
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Knowledge of working to a budget and achieving GP
- Able to comply with legislation and follow all rules and regulation laid down in the staff handbook and unit policy statements, with regard to uniform, personal hygiene, health and safety
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- Good personal time management skills
- Flexible approach to working hours and environment
- Is passionate about food service, delivering excellent customer service and support services to our clients and customers
- Acts with honesty and integrity
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with high professionalism and good spoken English
- High expectations for quality and an eye for detail
- High standard of personal presentation
- Takes the opportunity to continuously learn and grow
14forty, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is a leading provider of food and support services in the business and industry sector. We offer high quality integrated facilities management (IFM) solutions to clients looking for a single provider. Organisations who rely on the performance of their people for their competitive edge, our integrated services provide the best customer experience and deliver value. In a rapidly changing world, we help our clients stay agile and one step ahead; our experts deliver great service in safe environments every day.
Built on the fact that there are 1440 precious minutes in every day, 14forty aims to maximise the productivity of each of these for its clients.