Food & Beverage Manager
Stratton House Hotel is an independent hotel based on the outskirts of Cirencester and is focused on providing exceptional customer service to all our overnight guests and regular clients alike.
The hotel is working through an exciting refurbishment period of the picturesque property set in the Cotswolds, Cirencester and we are looking for an experienced Food & Beverage Manager to join the team.
The F&B Manager ensures the smooth operations of the bar and restaurant area by overseeing staffing, tidiness and cleanliness, the serving of food and beverage and delivering an excellent service. They will also have the opportunity of taking on additional Duty Manager tasks.
Reporting to the General Manager, key responsibilities are:
- Maximising all revenue opportunities through effective teamwork and development.
- Controlling costs and meeting GP targets.
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety policies, as well as company standards throughout the bar and restaurant.
- Stock management, including stock ordering, deliveries, rotation and barrel preparation.
- Cellar management duties, such as maintaining the cellar's environment, security and ensuring it is a safe and tidy area for colleagues.
- Mentoring more junior members of the team, to ensure they have a good understanding of what they need to do and why.
- Ensuring focus on outstanding customer service at all times, aiming to exceed our guests’ expectations and providing a warm welcome to both hotel guests and regular clients.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Can stay calm in pressurised situations.
- Has a smart appearance and keen eye for detail.
- Is able to be flexible with their working hours and is comfortable working unsociable hours, as you will be working throughout the various departments including conference and events, restaurant and bar.
- Understands what makes - and delivers - a great customer experience, so that guests want to return again and again.
- Has experience of managing and motivating teams to provide an outstanding experience for our guests and clients.