Head Pastry Chef - East London
Head Pastry Chef – East London
Up to £40,000
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are currently looking for a talented and experienced Head Pastry Chef to join our catering team, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this highly prestigious contract in East London. We pride ourselves on producing absolutely everything on site and offering our clients creative, innovating and cutting edge menus. As well as imagination, passion and creative flair, you’ll need experience of leading a talented kitchen brigade as a Pastry Chef - inspiring others to always achieve excellence.
We are looking for a Head Pastry Chef that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the General Manager and Head Chef
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- Management of all food concepts for all special events, including concessions and hospitality ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Support the existing team in food production covering both the retail operation and the conference and events operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Pastry Chef will also be required to provide function costs to facilitate budgetary control
- To continue the development and delivery of top flight entertainment/events
- Proven experience in a role as Head Pastry Chef from a 5 star venue being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a ‘big personality’, great people skills and be able to develop, train and inspire a small team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio