As this role is one of the most important ones in our restaurants, this job is not for the faint hearted… As Head Cook you will be responsible for ensuring things run smoothly on the food front. Taking responsibility for food quality, ordering, food costs as well as keeping our kitchen in tip top shape will ensure this is a busy and rewarding role. This role will suit individuals with experience of working in a busy kitchen environment and it would be advantageous to have spent time working in an Asian kitchen environment in the past. Don’t worry if you’re not a top chef yet, we’ll train you. MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To ensure delivery of the highest standards of product and service, a passionate approach to exceeding our customers expectations and as a champion of our vision and values, promote a professional and positive image to all of our guests and contribute to the restaurant’s targets
ABSOLUTE KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Each day, food for that same day should be freshly prepared. The manager should aspire to prepare a cooking and food preparation plan that will leave a minimal amount of food from the previous day.
- In most cases the chef arrives every morning at least two hours prior to opening to be able to fulfill his or her preparation duties.
- The chef should be organised and self-disciplined person. Especially in the back-kitchen, no compromises should be made regarding safety and hygiene rules and you need to have a trustworthy and responsible individual who will perform adequately.
- Make sure that there is a sufficient amount prepared of each of the necessary products to begin the day of serving to customers.
- Receive deliveries and organise in storage. Always handle items which need refrigeration prior to less demand items.
- In some cases, the task of preparing the service area is also given to the chef.
- Wash the kitchen (including floors, sinks & work surfaces).
- Wash and Disinfect cutting boards and knives and work table surface.
- Store clean and dried equipment in designated locations.
- Organise and dispose of garbage in accordance with local regulations.
- Always adhere to safety and hygiene standards!!
- Prepare food in accordance with Wok To Walk Standards. Food should always be prepared with love. Smell and taste your food, make sure it is GREAT!
- ·Place prepared food in storage with stickers (product & date)
- Check that the refrigerators and freezers are functioning, once a day.
- Report any problems with freshness or quality of goods received or in store to the manager. Keep the kitchen clean & tidy (returning equipment properly and safety to its place; wiping up spills immediately).
- In some instances, the task of preparing orders to suppliers is given to the chef.
- Perform equipment maintenance according to the maintenance log sheet.
- Filling out the weekly hygiene form, once a week. (The manager will normally perform this task at least once a month and sporadically).
- Personal protective equipment to be worn / used in line with company guidelines
- Opportunities to be taken to promote products to our customers at every opportunity
- All visitors to be warmly received and their needs anticipated in an appropriate manner.
- Positive new and working relationships to be established and maintained with colleagues throughout the restaurant, ensuring they become familiar with the work place
- Training of the Wok to Walk team
- Colleagues to be supported in the performance of their work
- Company Handbook to be abided by, and employees to be aware of any changes made
- Commitment to be displayed to training through participation, and sign off training records, and application of learning in the workplace
- Any other reasonable request made by a manager of the company.
- Mystery Shopper
- Compliments / Complaints
Think this role is right for you, let’s talk!
Apply for Head Cook
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly