Food Service Manager – Wingfield Café and Staff Restaurant at The All England Lawn Tennis Club
Wimbledon All England Lawn Tennis Club is one of the world’s iconic sporting locations serving as a Members Club during 50 weeks of the year and then, for two weeks, hosting The Championships – the world’s premier grass court tennis tournament.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Food Service Manager to provide a first class, five-star experience to our members, guests and staff. You will be responsible for leading a team of 15-20 full-time and casual members of the team.Package description
Full time or fixed term
- The Food Service Manager will be accountable for two areas, The Wingfield Café – Public Café that is open to our museum and tour visitors and The Wingfield AELTC (client) Staff Restaurant for lunch service catering for 200-400 guests.
- To manage a combination of frontline food catering assistants and culinary team.
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with food production, front of house services and any general support required with due regard to all Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations.
- To perform general duties which support the efficient running of the unit in line with contractual requirements and service level agreements.
- Financially accountable for the unit.
- To look out for opportunities to develop the team and business opportunities.
- Experience within a high street retail environment is preferred
- Experience of working in an environment where there are peaks and troughs in demand during service times.
- Experience of working in environments involving high levels of customer care.
- Experience in dealing with various stakeholders (client, head of departments, suppliers etc.)
- Excel and Computer literate.
- Passionate about delivering a world class service to our clients and customers.
- Can work as a team but also willing to act on their own initiative.
- Resilient character with ability to cope under pressure from internal and external customers/client.
‘Food & Drink at Wimbleon” is proud to be the official caterer at The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC), one of the world’s most prestigious sporting venues which annually plays host to The Championships, Wimbledon. The AELTC is a private members’ club, catering year-round for its members, tourists visiting from across the globe, and everyone working behind the scenes to deliver this world-famous event. Wimbledon is not just about the tennis; it is also a celebration of great food and drink. Here at Wimbledon, we are passionate about showcasing the very best of our British products, reflecting the heritage and history of the AELTC. Put simply, we strive to serve the best food and drink and employ the best staff to deliver a unique experience for our customers. Want to be a part of Wimbledon? Interested in joining the team that makes it happen? Apply now for this exciting opportunity.