Front of House Coordinator
Could you take a lead role in delivering an outstanding customer experience at The Union, Manchester Met?
Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, you’ll oversee all areas of reception and front-of-house services, creating a welcoming environment for all visitors.
Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – The Union is a seriously fun place to work. Professionally run, but different. Our professional team of 150 people support elected student leaders to be effective in making change, improving lives and fulfilling potential. The winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of more than 550 students’ unions across the country. We’re located in the amazing city of Manchester, famous for its music, arts, sport, social heritage and diversity. With 38,000 plus student members, 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
What’s the job?
We are looking for someone to work with our Conferencing and Events Manager to oversee the customer experience and ensure the highest standards of customer service across our reception and front-of-house services.
- Committed to developing and maintaining the highest standards of customer care, you will have overall responsibility for the operational activities of the Students’ Union Reception, meeting rooms and breakout areas at The Union’s Manchester Site.
- You’ll play a key role in the provision of excellent customer service to students, staff and other visitors, supervising the student staff team and liaising with the University Estates and Facilities departments in relation to building maintenance, cleaning and IT issues.
Who you are
- With experience of front-of-house supervision, including the supervision of staff in a busy environment, you will be practical, organised and methodical with good administration and troubleshooting skills.
- Focused on the customer experience, you have a flexible approach to work and are happy to work around operational and customer demand.
- You will also put your professional and courteous manner and excellent interpersonal skills to great use in building relationships and working effectively with people at all levels.
There has never been a better time to work for The Union. Based just off Oxford Road, in the centre of vibrant Manchester, The Union will train you thoroughly, reward you well and encourage you to build a long-term career that inspires you.
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience, we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status.
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
Apply now at: https://www.theunionmmu.org/about-us/jobs
Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday 29th August 2018
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview on Monday 3rd September 2018.
Work somewhere professional, but different. Build a career with students’ unions.