Event Sales Coordinator
Could you increase the profile of a multifunctional venue with unique access to the student market in Manchester city centre?
Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, at The Union, Manchester Met, you’ll be instrumental in generating leads and selling a range of opportunities, advertising and promotional media to local and national businesses.
Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – The Union is a seriously fun place to work. Professionally run, but different. Our professional team of 150 people support elected student leaders to be effective in making change, improving lives and fulfilling potential. The winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of more than 550 students’ unions across the country. We’re located in the amazing city of Manchester, famous for its music, arts, sport, social heritage and diversity. With 38,000 plus student members, 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
What’s the job?
We are looking for someone to focus on lead generation and client database development activity, including researching, identifying and promoting to target brands and businesses who could be of interest to students to maximise The Union’s income streams.
- Working with our Events and Media Coordinator and liaising with media agencies and agents, you will develop and sell a range of advertising and promotional media and identify new income streams for The Union.
- With experience of a similar role, you will also work on lead generation and client database development activity for external venue, conferencing and event bookings and explore opportunities for the sponsorship of Union services and events.
Who you are
- Self-confident and driven to achieve targets, you will already have experience of working to and achieving budget targets.
- Your positive attitude, energy and creativity, combined with your excellent interpersonal skills, enable you to build relationships and work effectively with people at all levels.
- Your excellent organisation and prioritisation skills and your ability to work to multiple deadlines have already been proven in a similar sales or lead generation role.
There has never been a better time to work for The Union. Based just off Oxford Road, in the centre of vibrant Manchester, The Union will train you thoroughly, reward you well and encourage you to build a long-term career that inspires you.
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience, we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status.
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
Apply now at: https://www.theunionmmu.org/about-us/jobs
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 31st August 2018
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview on Thursday 6th September 2018.
Work somewhere professional, but different. Build a career with students’ unions.