Sous Chef – The Wingfield Café and Staff Restaurant at The All England Lawn Tennis Club
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef to join The Wingfield team at the All England Lawn Tennis Club.
The Wingfield Café is open year-round to visitors from around the world, tour groups and the local community.
Open daily, the café serves lunch and daily treats including sandwiches, salads, pastries, cakes and snacks, all freshly prepared using seasonal and local produce.
The Staff Restaurant caters lunch for 200 employees who work for the AELTC year-round. The employee dining offers a varied selection of freshly made dishes ranging from our carvery, salad bar, bakery table and weekly guest offers.Package description
Up to £25,500 per annum
working between 40-45 hours per week, 5 out of 7 days
Exciting opportunity to be part of an iconic and world renowned venue!Main responsibilities
As Sous Chef, you will work in close collaboration with the Head Chef sharing responsibility for leading, supporting and developing our team.
- The Sous Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Support the existing team in food production covering the entire Staff restaurant & Wingfield operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for staff canteen and café food
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- Supporting the Head Chef in processing order, checking delivery and ensuring we are within the allocated food budget
- Supporting the Head Chef and Food Service Manager with rota, labour cost and P&L
You will be working an average of 40 hours per week over a 7-day operation.Ideal candidate
You will have experience of a quality Deli/Café or staff canteen environment, have a good knowledge of service standards and can operate under pressure to deliver memorable experience to every customer.
- Great leader & experience in a senior chef role
- High level of customer service
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Smart, polite and excellent verbal communication skills
- Sound knowledge of stock control and ordering
- Could be an experience Chef de Partie looking for their first Sous Chef role
Overall you will have bags of personality, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude. A real pride and passion for what you do is essential, with the ability to build rapport and long terms relationships with all our key stakeholders.
In return for your skills and dedication, we can offer a competitive salary and a host of great benefits from meals on duty, staff benefits, bespoke and continual training and support.About the company
Compass Group and we are proud to be the official caterer at The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC), one of the world’s most prestigious sporting venues which annually plays host to The Championships, Wimbledon. The AELTC is a private members’ club, catering year-round for its members, tourists visiting from across the globe, and everyone working behind the scenes to deliver this world-famous event.
Wimbledon is not just about the tennis; it is also a celebration of great food and drink. Here at Wimbledon, we are passionate about showcasing the very best of our British products, reflecting the heritage and history of the AELTC. Put simply, we strive to serve the best food and drink and employ the best staff to deliver a unique experience for our customers.
Want to be a part of Wimbledon? Interested in joining the team that makes it happen? Apply now for this exciting opportunity.