Receptionist - Whiston Hospital
We are currently looking to recruit a Receptionist (Shift Working). You will be based at Whiston Hospital but will have to be flexible in working in St Helens Hospital when holiday cover is required.
You will be responsible of the main reception and ensuring all patient and general enquiries are handled in a prompt and quality orientated manner. Internal and external users of the Trusts telephone network.
The right candidate will need to provide high quality comprehensive reception service 24 hours a day 7 days a week including Bank Holidays. You will be providing a service to the Trust, Hard FM, contractor and Medirest staff.Package description
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospital.Main responsibilities
- Provide general hospital information.
- Deal with patient enquiries from 2 main telephone lines and visitors at desk via computer console.
- To allocate doctors On Call rooms and relatives accommodation rooms and complete all the necessary paperwork.
- To book any taxis required by patients/visitors.
- During out of hour periods the post requires unsupervised working with the support of the Trusts on call management team.
- Implement the Major Incident Procedure operating the Current Systems.
- To operate the Trust’s internal paging system including Group Alerts for cardiac arrest and the (Blick) Bleep system.
- To be aware of the confidential aspects of the post.
- Assisting hospital chaplaincy people with daily enquiries
- Fire Evacuation procedure is followed correctly.
- Assist with Security matters in order to prevent loss and damage to the Trust.
- Dealing with complaints and upholding no smoking policy/fire evacuation procedure
The ideal Candidate
- Possess good IT skills and use of Microsoft Office, excellent oral and written communication skills and educated to GCSE level in English and Maths.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to deal with a wide range of people and situations.
- The ability to communicate and work with patients, other members of staff and visitors to the hospital.
- Ensure that information regarding patients, staff and visitors is secured and not to divulge personal details at any time or under any circumstances.
- Flexible to work across both sites cover different shifts for holidays and sickness
- Must be flexible in the duties performed and it is expected that similar duties, not specifically listed above, will be carried out as required and may be cross site.
- Adhere to all Trust policies and procedures.
Medirest is UK’s leading provider of catering and support services in the healthcare market. We have national coverage which includes service provision in over 50 acute hospitals, as well as a large number of smaller treatment centres, surgeries and other facilities.Our mission: “To provide professional, quality cleaning, catering, retail and support services for the health care market”.