Casual Food Service Assistant (FSA)
Alexandra Palace is recruiting casual Food Service Assistants to work in the ice cafe and other catering units on an as and when needed basis.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Deliver excellent customer service by ensuring customers are served efficiently and made to feel welcome including: prepare and deliver food orders, process cash and card transactions, replenish stock, and actively maintain and clean and tidy working environment
- Monitor stock levels and keep the ice cafe Supervisor informed when stock is running low, assist with taking deliveries.
- Prepare the ice cafe ready for opening at the start of the working day and close down the operation at the end of the day (depending on shift pattern)
- Comply with all legislative and licensing requirements associated with food health and safety and the sale of alcohol
- Support catering colleagues in other catering units across the site include ice cafe bar, backstage bar operation and retail catering
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with Grades A-C in English and Maths
- Fluent in English language
- Experience of delivering face to face customer service
- Experience handling and processing cash and card transactions
- Experience working in a retail catering environment
- Bar experience
- Food hygiene certificate level 2
Please see the job description for further details.
Please note that applications will be shortlisted on receipt.