Operations Manager Oxford Brookes University
Would you be interested in joining a successful FTSE 100 organisation, who are recognised as market leaders within their sectors. An organisation, which operates in over 50 countries in 50,000 client locations, but still retains a local presence within the community
A company that prides itself on not standing still and always seeking to innovate. We’re obsessed with the details and we’re always raising the bar higher so we can make our clients’ businesses better.
Who are we?
We are the Compass Group.
We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s No.1 catering and support services provider.
We are looking at bring on board a talented operations manager to come a join the team at the Oxford Brookes University.Main responsibilities
As the Operations Manager you will run the multi-million catering operation across the university including coffee shops, restaurants and a deli bar.
With the support of 5 managers, supervisors and 60 staff you will provide outstanding customer service in accordance with all contractual agreements.Ideal candidate
- Proven experience in managing & leading successful teams
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the catering industry
- Experience of leading and managing teams to deliver results
- Track record of KPI compliance and delivery of service excellence
- Proven track record in the design and implementation of cost improvement initiatives
- Previous budget management and/or profit & loss responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior stakeholders/clients
- Can demonstrate commercial awareness
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.