- Full Time
The responsibilities for Kitchen Porters primarily remain the same across all industries. Ten of these responsibilities include:
- Dishwashing: All dishes, ranging from pots and pans to the cutlery, are either hand washed or loaded into the dishwasher by the Kitchen Porter.
- Delivery Organisation: Kitchen Porters are responsible for receiving deliveries and ensuring that deliveries are organised once in the kitchen.
- Storage Management: Storage must be organised so that all ingredients are easily accessible.
- Waste Removal: Kitchen Porters empty all trash bins and ensure that all waste is disposed of promptly.
- Basic Food Preparation: If a kitchen is extremely busy, kitchen staff may turn to Porters to perform basic food prep.
- Material Collection: If a chef needs materials or ingredients, Kitchen Porters collect those materials.
- End of the Day Clean Up: Once a kitchen is closed, Kitchen Porters assist in cleaning to make sure that the kitchen is ready for the next day.
- Equipment Maintenance: All equipment is cleaned and maintained by a Kitchen Porter.
- Following Instructions: Kitchens can be chaotic, so it is important that Porters listen to their superiors and follow instructions.
- Ensuring a Safe Environment: Cleanliness is directly related to a safe cooking environment, and Kitchen Porters ensure a safe environment by effectively cleaning all cookware and cooking surfaces.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"
Apply for Kitchen Porter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly