1 day left
- Part Time
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Chef to join our team at Gamecock barracks, Nuneaton, CV116QN.
The salary is £9.00ph 5/7 days to include rostered weekends.
You will support the Sous Chef to improve the customer food service experience by delivering the food offer in accordance with company food quality, standards, procedures and client contractual obligations whilst operating within budget.Main responsibilities
- Adhere to all client and company Health & Safety policies and procedures at all times e.g. Food Handling, Manual handling, Fire procedures
- Complete, maintain and update all Food Safety and Health & Safety paperwork correctly on a continual basis to ensure full compliance
- Maintain the cleanliness of all kitchens and surrounding working areas ensuring health & safety hazards, issues, near misses & accidents are reported to your line Manager at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure food production methods and all meals are delivered to the required quality standards at the specified times to create a consistent customer experience and avoid any service failures or penalties
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is in safe working order; all faults/repairs are reported to your line Manager at the first opportunity
- Provide the highest level of customer service by demonstrating the ESS Way values and behaviours at all times to colleagues, customers and clients
- Assist with the processing of orders via nominated systems by using the correct approved Compass vendors
- Check invoices and delivery notes and report any anomalies to your line Manager
- Assist with the receipt, correct storage and quality of food supply and report any concerns or observations to your Line Manager
- Ensure hot plate procedures including Food Information Regulations and Reference Intake labelling are in place and followed by the team
- A good communicator, able to liaise confidently with customers and engage/develop team members
- A positive attitude and committed to high levels of customer care
- An enthusiastic individual with a passion for working in a catering environment
- City and Guilds 706/1,2 or NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Basic Food Hygiene/level 2
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.