Junior Sous Chef
2 days left
- Full Time
They are a stunning gastro pub/hotel set in Berkshire just north of Newbury. They are just about to complete a massive refurbishment and extension. This business is forward thinking, dynamic and ever growing. The kitchen is headed by an amazing Head Chef and they are seeking a Junior Sous Chef to add to their brigade. This role is full time and can offer accommodation if required.
Key Features of the Role:
- As the Junior Sous Chef, you are the assistant to the Sous Chef, which means you will be responsible for a majority of the same duties and responsibilities, such as inventory, kitchen staff management and food preparation.
- All food is prepared in house using fresh ingredients and local suppliers wherever possible as well creating and developing and setting the highest standards of food quality and consistency.
- You will be working under a very talented, experienced and dedicated Head Chef that is willing to teach, develop and progress the brigade.
- Most importantly you must be a Junior Sous chef with lots of energy, passion and have an enthusiastic, switched-on nature.
- As a Junior Sous Chef, you will be required to work across all areas of the kitchen and have the ability to confidently manage the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Be an accomplished Junior Sous Chef, Sous Chef or possibly a Senior CDP look for your next move
- Have experience of working on the grill/rotisserie section and overseeing the larder, pastry and pizza sections.
- Ideally experienced working in functions and events
- Experience in designing regularly changing menus and embracing food culture.
- Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- Experience in ordering and stock control.
- Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be expected to manage to costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen
What’s on Offer?
- A fantastic salary starting at £26,000 up to £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Tips issued, roughly an extra £3000 per annum
- Accommodation can be offered in the form of a shared cottage, opposite the pub
- No more than 48 hours a week contract
- Working under a very talented Head Chef who creates a fun, happy, family atmosphere
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Chef de Partie / Junior Sous Chef.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us by putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line of your message.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
Apply for Junior Sous Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly