Cleaning General Manager - South and West London
We have a great opportunity for a very experienced Cleaning General Manager to oversee our large and high profile contract just outside central London. As the Cleaning General Manager, you will be responsible for enhancing the customer experience and reputation of Compass Group by effectively managing the cleaning team, equipment, resources and third party suppliers ensuring the cleaning operation is in accordance with the client service level agreement and company standards & procedures.Package description
£45,000 - £48,000
Lots of opportunity to progress
Opportunity to work within one of our most high profile contractsMain responsibilities
- Promote a safety culture and ensure the cleaning team are aware of and operate in accordance with company and client Health & Safety procedures at all times, ensure that any health & safety hazards, issues, near misses & accidents are reported using the correct process at the earliest opportunity.
- Work closely with the team, ensuring they are fully trained, engaged and managed effectively to achieve their performance targets
- To ensure the delivery and quality of the cleaning operation is in accordance with the client service level agreement and company procedures. Liaise with the client as appropriate seeking opportunities to improve the cleaning offer and enhance the reputation of the service.
- To manage the cleaning labour, equipment & resources budget for the contract in line with company targets
- To complete time sheets and reallocate team members as required to ensure the cleaning standards are met in line with the service level agreement for your sites
- Passion for soft services, particularly cleaning within a commercial environment
- Extensive experience of cleaning management at senior level, including full P&L accountability.
- Knowledge of the contract cleaning sector and a demonstrable record of introducing innovation and continuous improvement.
- A natural leader who has the ability coach, develop and mentor their people
- The gravitas to develop robust relationship with multiple key clients.
- Listen and understand the needs of a client and adopt our services offering
- Attention to detail - experience in managing budgets and delivering operational goals.
- Relevant industry qualifications such as BICS/BIFM and IOSH alongside relevant professional memberships.
- Proven understanding of Health & Safety legislation (HASAW) and best practice
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record – there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.