Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We are currently looking to recruit a Receptionist (Shift Working). You will be based at Whiston Hospital but will have to be flexible in working in St Helens Hospital when holiday cover is required.
You will be responsible of the main reception and ensuring all patient and general enquiries are handled in a prompt and quality orientated manner. Internal and external users of the Trusts telephone network.
The right candidate will need to provide high quality comprehensive reception service 24 hours a day 7 days a week including Bank Holidays. You will be providing a service to the Trust, Hard FM, contractor and Medirest staff.Package description
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospital.Main responsibilities
- Collect, analyse and input data into payroll systems. Process payroll information and relevant personnel details.
- Assist in the reconciliation of weekly payroll data, taking remedial action where appropriate.
- Collate and report on employee hourly and financial information, such as weekly payroll reports.
- Deal with payroll queries in conjunction with supervisors, line managers and HR.
- Reconcile & input invoices from approved vendors into accounting system; query with management invoices received from non-approved vendors before input to accounting system.
- Recharges & Invoicing: Raise recharges to the Trust/New Hospitals, Vinci Facilities & sundry customers.
- Credit control support for miscellaneous client debts.
- Daily reconciliation of Retail Cash Sales involving till receipts, card receipts, manual summaries and accounting interface. Assist in cash control, banking and other related financial processes as directed.
- Liaise with business managers to ensure bookwork is closed accurately and promptly; chase missing documentation; and input all relevant information to accounting system.
- Conduct ad-hoc cash/safe audits and support the Finance Manager with Profit Protection Audit and information as required.
- Answer the telephone, deal with telephone enquiries and take messages in a polite and professional manner.
- Identify and develop opportunities to improve departmental efficiencies, through initiative ideas and creative thinking.
- Take accurate minutes in management and HR meetings.
- To support the Finance Manager with month end financial activity.
- Perform any duties as requested appropriate to the needs of the business.
The ideal Candidate
- To possess good communication skills.
- Ability to deal with and communicate with a wide variety of people.
- To possess knowledge of IT systems, including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Knowledge of Nexus and SAP would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise work using own initiative, most of which is routine but regularly interrupted by demands of other staff.
- Experience of working as part of a team to ensure that service delivery is maintained.
- Ability to interpret and analyse numerical data.
- To have good keyboard skills.
- The post requires the need for good hand eye co-ordination to enable speed and accuracy when transferring information form written format on to a computerised system.
- All staff will be treated with respect by management, colleagues, patients and visitors and equally staff will treat management, colleagues, patients and visitors with the same level of respect. Staff will be supported to challenge any discriminatory behaviour that may be based on differences in race, disability, language, culture, religion, sexuality, age, gender or employment status.
Medirest is UK’s leading provider of catering and support services in the healthcare market. We have national coverage which includes service provision in over 50 acute hospitals, as well as a large number of smaller treatment centres, surgeries and other facilities.Our mission: “To provide professional, quality cleaning, catering, retail and support services for the health care market”.