Gainsborough Golf Club is currently undergoing extensive renovations to ensure future success and stability. Located in the beautiful Lincolnshire countryside, the Golf Club boasts two golf courses, undercover driving range, teaching studio, large two story clubhouse with extensive function/catering capability and on-site accommodation. We are seeking to recruit a Front of House & Banqueting Manager who will report to the General Manager at the Golf Club.
The key responsibilities will include management of all day to day operations of the food and beverage department including special functions and events, providing sufficient training and implementing adequate procedures to ensure the level of service and operating standards offered are in line with the companies positioning and operating strategy. The successful candidate will be responsible for the financial performance of all areas of the food and beverage department compiling accurate financial and operating reports to monitor the departments performance.
The candidate must possess the following skills and personal qualities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of food & beverage operations including; service standards, table presentation, inventory control, cost control, pre-event P&L forecast, managing multiple outlets, health & safety, ESP point of sale systems, bar & cellar management and excellent hygiene standards
- Ability to create innovative food and beverage promotions
- Ability to lead, supervise and motivate a large team
- Possess strong financial and business acumen
- Strong service standard skills
- Ability to relate to staff and customers from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to multi task and manage time effectively
- Excellent organisational skills and be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
The candidate will have the following experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Hospitality Management, Culinary Studies or Food and Beverage related subject
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a food and beverage environment at least 2 of which must have been as a Restaurant Supervisor or Food & Beverage Manager
- Equivalent level of training and experience will also be considered
- Current personal license required
- Experience in managing banqueting numbers of up to 300 people
to apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"
Apply for Banqueting Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly