Head Chef - Goodwood
Head Chef – Goodwood
Up to £55,000
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Head Chef to join our catering team at Goodwood. Goodwood Event Catering is all about quality and innovation, where the job holder is the owner of menu development and standards for both regular and one off events, across greenfield and racecourse events.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the General Manager / Director of Catering.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- The Head Chef will plan and organise the preparation and cooking of food for the events ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Develop and deliver a tiered portfolio of menus and price points - to appeal to multiple guest types and volumes and also flexed to events
- Support the existing team in food production covering both the retail operation and the conference and events operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to provide event costs to facilitate budgetary control
- Proven experience in a role as Head Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a ‘big personality’ .Great people skills and be able to develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- Logistically minded
- A 'Can do' attitude
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.