Have you had enough of life in a city centre restaurant? Feel you are being held back from expressing your true creative potential as a Head Chef?
If that’s the case, we have the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for a Head Chef with creative flair, enthusiasm and drive to help create and deliver the perfect dining experience in our first brand-new flagship bar & restaurant “Twine & Barrel” in the delightful market town of Pocklington.
The Twine and Barrel brand, our flagship venue, will create a sumptuous warm and friendly upmarket offering, extending to approximately 4000sq/ft. over 2 levels providing over 130 covers; including a superbly finished bar serving quality drinks, A temptation menu served on the ground floor, further enticing diners to the first-floor restaurant along with our covered al-fresco dining option and a quirky private dining / function room.
Our Head Chef will be …
First in command for all aspects of the service and delivery. You will use your creativity and attention to detail to deliver and inspect dishes before they arrive at the customers ensuring high quality and contentment.
The Standard Stuff … Duties / Requirements
- Reporting to the General Manager
- Experience of controlling P&L for the kitchen is essential
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Design menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Costing of dishes and menus
- Liaising with suppliers ensuring best value
- Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Arrange for repairs when necessary
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of subordinates
- Maintain records for payroll and attendance and staff rotations.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate
If you are an experienced Head Chef and would like to be a part of a very exciting journey as the Twine & Barrel story unfolds we would love to hear from you! We are offering excellent pay and conditions of employment with long-term incentives plans for the successful candidates to share in our success over the coming years.
To be a part of this amazing opportunity please submit your CV, along with a covering letter explaining why you would be the perfect person to join us on our journey, to email@example.com or call Justine on 07866 260709.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"
Apply for Head Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly