CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one. An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Brookwood, our 'independent schools' caterer. Brookwood offers the highest standard of fresh, quality food to pupils across all school ages and genders, whether they are day pupils or boarders. Currently supplying 45,500 fresh meals each school day to over 90 independent schools!
• Ensure that the kitchen is kept clean and tidy, pots and pans cleaned, maintained and ready for the next use
• Provide an efficient, clean and organised wash-up cycle of crockery, cutlery and other goods in the wash-up areas, to avoid a backlog of washing-up
• Take receipt of laundry and dry cleaning deliveries and collections, ensuring the order is correct
• Stock vending machines and report any faults
• Assist in the delivery & collection of alcohol supplies from the cellar to event rooms, if required
• Assist in the calculation of consumption of beverage for events, if required
• Empty waste and recycling bins and operate the cardboard compactor
• Refill water bottles using the water filtering system
• Empty the broken glass bins taking appropriate care
• Assist in ensuring the equipment temperatures are taken twice daily and recorded
• Maintain the kitchen and servery cleanliness in accordance to food hygiene regulations using correct chemicals on the correct surfaces/appliances
• Ensure at the end of the shift that everything is cleaned and the floor is swept and mopped ready for the next day’s business
• Complete and sign the cleaning schedule to company standards
• To pack away food deliveries in the correct storage areas, in consultation with chefs or Line Manger
• Have attention to detail, to be cautious and focused.
Health and safety
• Contribute to a safe working environment in the kitchen, wash up and back of house areas
• Report defects and signs of pest infestation to Line Manager
• Possess a duty of care for yourself and others to develop a health and safety culture
• Operate equipment according to manufactures’ instructions and training
• Follow fire evacuation procedures
• Follow the security instructions and procedures
• Report all accidents to management, including near miss incidents
• Wear appropriate footwear, uniform and protective clothing to comply with company standards
• Read and adhere to health and safety notices.
• Ensure that you follow food hygiene regulations and legislation at all times
• Maintain the highest level of personal hygiene as per the company guidelines
• Follow illness and absence reporting procedures as per the company guidelines.
• Follow the company’s Quality Management System ISO 9001:2008
• Support the company’s commitment to quality and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
• Adhere to the records management and document control systems in place
• Project a willing and helpful attitude to customers and colleagues.
• Undertake additional duties as are reasonably expected appropriate with the level of the position
• Follow a training and development plan in consultation with a line manager
• Attend external and internal training courses when required
• Report items that are lost and found
• Support the company’s environmental projects
• Develop knowledge of the venue’s history, architecture, and traditions.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.