Food Production Assistant
We're looking to hire an experienced Food Production Assistant to prepare, assemble, cook all menu dishes, providing high quality dishes for the customer and client. Assist in general cleaning of the kitchen, maintaining high standards of hygiene. Drive sales through centrally driven menu plans and promotions and ensure compliance through preferred suppliers. Provide high quality service to customers and client in line with a food service offer that is applicable to sector and client.Main responsibilities
- To prepare, cook and assemble menus aligned to client environment and centrally driven menus and promotions where appropriate
- Follow set portion control and ensure all food is purchased in the first instance from our preferred list of suppliers wherever possible
- To deal with customer requests promptly and politely
- Listen to customer comments and deal with them as appropriate or pass on to a more senior member of staff to ensure prompt follow up action is taken
- To ensure that all staff know about the food being prepared and cooked so can advise customers. To assist in daily menu briefs to the catering assistants
- Complete the One Compass Welcome prior to the commencement of employment.
- Receive, read and understand the contents of the Employee Guide to Working with Compass
- Taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or what you fail to do.
- Co-operate with your line manager on HSE matters.
- City & Guilds 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent
- Experience of supervising a team
- Good people skills
- Passion about food and customer service
At Restaurant Associates our vision is simple - We believe that great food and excellent service has the power to transform business success.
At RA we offer a distinctive experience for our clients because of our Associates’ attention to the smallest detail, our relationships with the most talented consultant chefs and by sharing the very latest trends and ideas and we proudly boast the best chef, service, recipes and suppliers in the industry.
Our pillars are; brand, people, food, service with innovation underpinning everything we do in all areas of our business.
We are passionate about the power of great food and service on business and its ability to inspire, connect and empower people.