Finance ControllerFinance Controller - Wroughton, Swindon
We're looking to hire an experienced Finance Controller at Alexandra House, Wroughton, Swindon, SN4 0QJ to take responsibility for your department within the venue, to ensure the Department delivers a high quality service to the customers, maximising on all sales opportunities and controlling costs and payroll as per budget in order to exceed expectations. By providing leadership and direction, you will ensure delivery of great customer service at best possible cost within brand guidelines and satisfying legal requirements.
The post is also responsible for Risk Management in with your areas of responsibility, covering Health & Safety, Food Hygiene, DDA and Fire Safety, ensuring that the venue is fully compliant with all legislative responsibilities.Main responsibilities
- Create a supportive, fun and creative working environment developing talent and demanding a quality and standard driven approach throughout each and every member of the team
- Ensure that your team are wearing the appropriate clothing for their role and maintain a high standard of personal grooming
- To promote a helpful and professional image to the customer, giving full co-operation to any customer requiring attention
- To attend to customer queries and enquiries in a caring and helpful manner and with a commitment to dealing with the issue in a positive way
- To identify new opportunities in order to increase profit contributions and cost control in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that all procedures relating to financial activities, record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including timely and accurate reporting of financial information
- Assist and support inventory management and ongoing maintenance of venue operating equipment and other assets
- Ensure that your profit centre is operated in line with driving revenue, EBITDA and incremental conversion whilst delivering the Brand experience
- Take an active role both overall and on property with the preparation of the budgets and plans for your department
- Enjoy working and dealing with the public and being part of a team.
- Confident, pleasant and an excellent articulate communicator; able to stay calm under pressure and remain courteous when dealing with difficult situations.
- Must be efficient, organised and self-motivated.
- Have a good personal standard projecting a professional image at all times.
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio..