28 York Place is a boutique 8 bedroom Edinburgh Hotel with 2 function rooms and a public bar and enjoys high occupancy rates year round. We are looking for an energetic, experienced and highly competent team player to join our friendly team as a Duty Manager.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to work with a small team to succeed in developing the business.
As we are a small business, you will be hands on and involved in all aspects of the operation.
- all guest relations responsibilities
- achieving Room Rate targets through effective marketing, sales and management
- efficiently managing the day to day activities in the bar, function suite and bedrooms
- recording and accounting for all income and expenditure
- ordering and ensuring sufficient levels of stock
The ideal candidate will:
- have previous hotel management experience and a relevant qualification.
- have a ‘hands-on’ approach.
- report to the General Manager and work with minimum direct supervision.
- be required to oversee the running of the hotel and have good knowledge in all areas.
- be responsible for maintaining high levels of customer service have excellent planning and organisational skills
- be passionate and have the ability to cope under pressure
- be fully compliant with Health and Safety regulations, hold a Personal Liquor Licence, Food Hygiene Certificate and be aware of cellar management
You will work five days out of seven, including evenings. Training and development opportunities are available for the successful candidate, along with access to a company benefits scheme and employee pension. You are entitled to consolidated holiday leave of 28 days per year.
We would prefer a live in Duty Manager, although this is not essential. A 2 bedroom flat with excellent views is provided if you are living in.
If you are the ideal Duty Manager, please apply now by sending your CV and covering email to the Secretary, c/o 28 York Place, Edinburgh EH1 3EP or by email to: email@example.com