Restaurant and Cafe Supervisor
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Restaurant & Café Supervisor to organise and supervise the Restaurant in accordance with and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland, the contract specification and statutory Regulations. To supervise the overall efficient and effective management of the Restaurant providing a quality service. Responsible for the service of food to agreed standards and specification. To ensure the efficient and economic use is made of all resources, including stock, team members and company assets.Main responsibilities
- Communicate any onsite service changes to Restaurant team as set out by the Restaurant Manager or General Manager.
- To hold daily ‘Buzz’ and ‘Roar’ sessions with the teams.
- To ensure that all areas of the Restaurant and café are following the standards as set out in the ‘Impressions’ manuals with regards customer care and attitude towards customers, clients and colleagues and uniform.
- To ensure displays, counters and seating areas comply with the standards set out in the ‘Impressions’ manuals.
- To update the ‘Impressions’ manuals as required with service changes and assist the Restaurant Manager to train this to the Restaurant team.
- To update daily, and ensue this is available, the Food Information Regulations documentation in regards to allergens and dietary requirements.
- To monitor the waste management system (Winnow) and assist the Restaurant Manager and Head Chef in implementing improvements.
- To ensure all daily Health and Safety and Food Safety activates are completed and appropriate actions are taken, as in accordance with the Company procedures.
- To ensure that all Restaurant Associates marketing promotions are correctly implemented.
- Ensure that all items are set up on the tills with the correct selling prices.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager in updating stock prices.
- To participate in accurate stock take on a weekly basis.
- To complete all e-learning training within the required time frame.
- Is passionate about customer service delivery.
- Is able to work as a team but also willing to act on their own initiative.
- Acts with honesty and integrity.
- Is able to communicate effectively with customs, clients and colleagues.
- Team player and can‐do attitude
- Takes pride in personal appearance and hygiene
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- Experience of working in a busy environment especially during service times
- Experience of working in environments involving high levels of customer care
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Good Chef skills an advantage
- Good knowledge and experience of working with food
- Experience of leading a team of people
- Be able to communicate effectively with team members, management and clients.
- Results Orientation
- Holding others accountable
- Understanding customers’ needs
- I.T. literate
At Restaurant Associates our vision is simple - We believe that great food and excellent service has the power to transform business success.
At RA we offer a distinctive experience for our clients because of our Associates’ attention to the smallest detail, our relationships with the most talented consultant chefs and by sharing the very latest trends and ideas and we proudly boast the best chef, service, recipes and suppliers in the industry.
Our pillars are; brand, people, food, service with innovation underpinning everything we do in all areas of our business.
We are passionate about the power of great food and service on business and its ability to inspire, connect and empower people.