1 day left
- Full Time
The Company is a multi-award winning, family run gastro pub chain operating in the South East. They are currently seeking a permanent Head Chef for their public house located near Epsom, Surrey.
They are looking for a committed Head Chef with a passion for good food that is ready to continue developing their career in an award-winning venue.
Established in 2003 the Company has grown to 8 fantastic Gastro Pubs offering seasonal British cuisine. This pub prides its self on sourcing ingredients from artisan suppliers and is freshly cooked by their creative Chefs.
Key Features of the Role:
- As The Head Chef you will need to have management skills to control and directing the food preparation process and any other relative activities.
- Have the ability to construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings. Approving and “polishing” dishes before they reach the customer.
- Everyone in the brigade, from the kitchen porter to the sous chef, looks to you for inspiration – and you'll have to hold your own with the front of house restaurant staff.
- Be a born leader who relishes taking responsibility for the running of the kitchen, but also knows when and how to delegate.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Be an accomplished Head Chef to work alongside the management team in driving sales and managing cost / profitability.
· Strong leadership and motivational skills.
· A reliable and positive attitude to a busy work environment.
· Good communication skills with front of house and effective co-operation with other departments.
· Ability to maintain a safe, secure and appealing environment whilst maintaining the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness.
· Willingness to develop your own knowledge so as to maximise your potential & effectiveness in the role.
· Have a proven track record in delivering exceptional dishes in a time pressured environment, taking responsibility for the quality of each and every dish served
· Be hands on with your brigade, developing them and inspiring
· Ordering and controlling stock whiling achieving and reporting profit for your site
What’s on Offer?
· Basic salary will be in the region of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending experience
· Benefits include pension scheme, staff loyalty scheme after 3 months and childcare vouchers, Chefs Whites provided
· Accommodation can be offered dependent on availability upon application.
· Standard working week is 45 hours working 5 shifts a week which will include split shifts and weekends
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Head Chef
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us by putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line of your message.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
Apply for Head Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly