4 days left
- Full Time
The Company is an independent owned Care Home based in Guildford and is currently seeking a Chef Manager. The position is permanent.
Key Features of the Role:
- As the Chef Manager you will have overall responsibility for the preparation, cooking, portioning and presentation of meals to standards and costings with minimal food waste.
- Plan menus and setting to achieve and maintain budgeted food costs
- Planning, organising and controlling the establishments operations to ensure that the food quality, presentation and services are provided to the appropriate standards set.
- Understanding of requirements both operational and financial and to strive to exceed their expectations through a pro-active, responsible and committed approach.
- Ensure that the Company Personal and Food Hygiene Policy and procedures are applied continuously and that there are no breaches of Statutory or Local Authority regulations.
- Carry out weekly stock take and food rotation procedures
- This is a 7 day operation so you will typically work Monday to Friday but will need to cover some weekend working and have days off in the week to have a 5 from 7 day working week
- As this is a relatively small operation there will be engagement with the residents
Knowledge and Skills:
- Be an accomplished Catering / Chef Manager with previous care home catering experience within resident liaison experience
- Have good knowledge of finances as you will be required to assist in Annual Budgets and then achieve and maintain the food costing accordance to the budget
- Must be able to attain a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure or security clearance, cleared Bared List Check essential and compliance with safeguarding regulations.
- COSHH/PPE knowledge
- Have the confidence and skills to plan menus, order food and light equipment in accordance with the company’s purchasing policy
- Able to demonstrate that you are a team player
- A great leader, proven motivator and able to engage with residents.
- Ideally practical experience supported by NQV levels 1 – 4
- Proven craft and management skills
What’s on Offer?
• A basic salary between £35,000 - £37,000 per annum
• Bonus earning opportunity
• Excellent training and opportunities for career progression
• Employee Assistance Programme
• 20 days paid holiday rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service plus 8 bank and public holidays
• 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday , some weekend working
• Excellent pension scheme.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Catering Manager or Chef Manager within the Care Home Sector.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on email@example.com putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommelliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
Apply for Chef Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly