Administrator - Whiston Hospital
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an for a diligent, conscientious and self motivated person to provide efficient general office support towards our busy healthcare setting within Whiston Hospital.
This role will suit an individual who works well under pressure and thrives when working to deadlines.
Previous finance experience is essential.
The successful applicant will be required to work Wednesday - Friday, 20 hours per week. The hours of work will be discussed at interview.Package description
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospital.Main responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Collect and input data into IT systems
- Process payroll information and relevant personnel details
- Process invoices and bill departments for additional services, (ad hoc work)
- Photocopying, typing and general filing
- Collate and report on employee data, such as appraisal compliance, absence figures and training information
- Answer the telephone, deal with telephone enquiries and take messages in a polite and professional manner
- Compile, audit and cleanse employee personnel files as directed
- Identify and develop opportunities to improve departmental efficiencies, through initiative ideas and creative thinking (by being proactive)
- Take accurate minutes in management and HR meetings
- Assist in the reconciliation of weekly payroll data, taking remedial action where appropriate
- Assist in cash control, banking and other related financial processes as directed
The ideal candidate must be computer literate, have GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths at Grade C or above and have experience of Microsoft especially Excel. The candidate must also have experience in Administration and be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program