Car Park Attendant - St Helens Hospital
We are looking for a Car Park Attendant to provide comprehensive service for all of St Helens & Knowsley Hospital Car parks in order to provide a safe and secure Environment for staff and visitors.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
The core hours of work will be Monday - Friday 12.30pm - 5.30pm, 25 Hours per week.Package description
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.Main responsibilities
- Carry out car park management duties including traffic control and infringement notices
- getting cars moved that are parked illegally
- Assisting security personnel
- Emptying Pay&Display machines
- changing batteries on Pay&Display machines
- reporting faults to the Facilities Manager
- Recording Fines Received
- Assisting the public who arrive at the hospital in an emergency to park their cars safely when possible
Good verbal communication skills in order to be able to liaise with a wide range of visitors to your work area.
- To possess clear knowledge and demonstrate understanding of Car Parking services and client requirements developed through experience.
- To possess good team leadership / supervisory skills and an understanding of the different roles and skills of team members.
- Experience of working in an environment where there are peaks and troughs in demand during service times
- Experience of working in environments involving high levels of customer care
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.