Chef De Partie (Maternity Cover)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commis Chef (Maternity Cover) to join our team.Main responsibilities
-To assist the Head Chef with the planning, organising, preparation, presentation and service of food for all catering.
- Liaise with the Head Chef so that areas of preparation and work are allocated for the day.
-Ensure that the preparation, cooking and presentation of food meets the highest standards so that consumers are always keen to use our catering facilities.
-To be aware of the order of service so as to ensure that all food is ready at the time requested.
-To supervise kitchen staff when the Head Chef requests this to encourage self development.
-To deputise in the absence of the Head Chef so that the continued efficiency, standards etc. are maintained in the kitchen (see separate Head Chef Job Description where appropriate).
- Ideally, you will have NVQ level 1 or 2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Keen to take your first role in a kitchen or to gain further experience as a Chef
- Ideally, you will hold a basic food hygiene certificate (training will be provided)
- A team player
- Self motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Have a 'can do' approach
Eurest prides itself on creating contemporary foodservice solutions from the tea-room to the boardroom - and everything in between - for business and workplace industry clients.
We bring exceptional culinary creativity and flair, style and hospitality to employee restaurants, cafés and executive dining rooms.