We have an exciting opportunity for a Sous Chef to join the team at Aldwickbury School in Harpenden.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Sous Chef to work closely within a highly experienced team at a fantastic location.
For the right candidate we offer fantastic career development programmes and management training opportunities. We encourage our staff to be the best they can be and support future career aspiration.Package description
£12.50 per hour 40 hours per week
Predominately Monday – Friday only!
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension scheme
Up to 10 % discount in various high street stores
Plenty of opportunity to progress within the companyMain responsibilities
To work closely with the Chef Manager deputising in his absence and to aid in the day to day operation and control procedures of the kitchen and all the food operations at all times, catering for c420 students. To comply with company standards and policies. To ensure the overall management of the food operation including set up and break down and operation of these areas.
You need to be proactive, professional with a positive and ambitious attitude. If you put in the work you will be recognised.Ideal candidate
- Passionate and aims to cook to the highest quality freshest food possible
- Good motivator and able to work well within a team
- IT literate
- Have excellent culinary skills with great attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends and fashions
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- A team player with experience of supervising a team within a similar environment
- You will have Qualified to NVQ level1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and work well within a team
- Immaculate personal presentation, outgoing, passionate, excellent customer service and communication skills are required for this highly visible position
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.