Operations Manager - Churchill War Room
We are looking to recruit a passionate, motivated and experienced Deputy General Manager to join our impressive catering contract within Churchill War Rooms in London. We cater for a range of facilities including retail through to hospitality, with a focus is on high volume conference and events. If you are looking for a fast paced and challenging position within a leading employer and have the required experience - apply now!Package description
Up to £30,000
Mostly Monday to Friday with some flexibility required
Lots of opportunity to progress and develop!Main responsibilities
- To plan, lead and execute the smooth delivery of all retail and C&E operations within the contract.
- Assist the General Manager in the running of the business and take responsibility for leading the operation at Churchill War Rooms
- Take control of the account in terms of costs, ordering, staffing levels and standards.
- The Deputy General Manager must lead by example, be energetic and motivate the team, practice good financial controls and deliver operational excellence across all aspects of the business.
- The Deputy General Manager must also assist in building and maintaining team, client and customer relations to successfully fill the role.
- Be responsible for and lead by example with all aspects of HSE.
- Experience of a similar role within an events environment
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Computer literate
- Financially aware
- Willing to learn
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Strong leadership qualities
- Self started, drive, ambition
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Creative in thinking and approach
- Industry awareness
People are at the heart of everything that IWM does – the people who work for us, the people who visit our museums and the people whose powerful stories and experiences we reveal in our unique collections. We are dedicated to developing a deeper public understanding of the causes, course and consequences of war – and we rely on our staff to help us achieve our objectives.