We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Events Manager to join the team at Oxford University.
The successful candidate will take full responsibility and accountability for the planning and execution of client events which can range from afternoon graduation teas to VIP dinners.
They will manage, develop, motivate and train a team of event staff with the appropriate skills to ensure budget targets are achieved along with full client satisfaction.Main responsibilities
- Understand and deliver all contractual terms
- Ensure that all costing and plans for events meet budgetary and client requirements.
- Support Sales team with Marketing strategy
- Communicate regularly with client (as agreed)
- Ensure all client events are delivered to the correct standard and look to up sell to increase revenue
- Demonstrates knowledge of events management with a focus on innovation, standards and market awareness.
- Operational management experience in Events Management
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Able to manage departmental financial budgets
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.