The company is an ever-growing fresh food business providing bespoke contract catering services to the education and business sectors
They believe in making food a pleasurable and appealing part of school life which adds value to the reputation and, above all, something that the pupils, staff and visitors will enjoy. They understand that their food service needs to reflect the high standards of education provided to the pupils and that it should become an integrated part of the whole school experience.
They are looking for a food focused Product Development Chef who has both a strong focus and a passion for amazing food. This role is full time, permanent and nominally based in Middlesex near Heathrow Airport although there will be travel across the south of the country and as far North as Birmingham.
If the crazy hours of being a restaurant chef aren’t really your bag, this could be a good move. As Product Development Chef, you will escape the heat of a restaurant kitchen for the more measured, but competitive world of big business.
Key Features of the Role:
Lead development of the food standards and offer as Development Chef to cover the South of England area.
You will be assisting the Food Development Director achieving innovative and high-quality food in line with the service values of the company.
You will need to exhibit strong financial skills and be able to demonstrate an overall understanding of how to cost recipes and innovate.
This role will require you to be flexible and understanding as it is a very mobile position as travel will be a big part of your responsibilities with units based in Birmingham, Reading, London and the Kent area which may also require you to work away from home for short periods of time.
Knowledge and Skills:
· A proven track record able to demonstrate excellent catering, team building, training and customer service skills.
· Have experience of catering for large numbers, ideally in the Education sector.
· Live close to or easily commutable to the Heathrow airport area.
· Have a clean driving licence as it's a requirement for this role as it involves a lot of
· May be required to work away from home for a period, all expenses will be looked after
· Have your finger on the pulse with regard to food trends and able to produce innovative and seasonal food.
· Able to plan meticulously and have an eye for detail and head for project managing.
· Have a stable and progressive career to date.
· Be a strong ideas person and team player.
· Able to understand the Customer requirements, regulations, product and procedures.
· Be ambitious and thrive in a work hard culture.
· Able to demonstrate strong financial skills (GP control and costings).
· Have experience of creating specification sheets.
What’s on Offer?
• £35,000 Per Annum.
• Great working hours, Mainly Monday – Friday but may be required to work weekends when requested, 40 – 45 hours per week
• 25 days holiday a year plus Bank and Public holidays
• Full time, permanent role
• Accommodation and expenses covered
• Mileage allowance for the first 10,000 miles
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Development Chef or a Strong Head Chef with a solid working background with a strong desire to become a Development Chef.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on email@example.com putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
Apply for Development Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly