This privately-owned Gastro Pub situated just outside Chichester is seeking a Sous Chef on a full-time permanent basis. They are a very busy establishment especially during the Summer Months due to their location.
This Gastro Pub’s kitchen is managed by a very talented Head Chef that has been there for many years. Everything is produced within house including bread, desserts, ice-creams, stock and only uses the freshest ingredients sourced locally.
This role would be ideal for an existing Sous Chef, but the Company will also consider an existing Junior Sous Chef that is ready to progress to the next level in their career.
Key Features of the Role:
- As the Sous Chef you are second in hierarchy after Head Chef, which means this position has full control over the kitchen and is directly responsible of the food quality produced, under the supervision of the Head Chef.
- The role of Sous Chef is challenging, as you'll be expected to make sure the brigade is producing top-quality cuisine and that Chefs with talent are trained and developed. In addition, you’ll have to take charge of the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence.
- The Sous Chef tasks and responsibilities are diversified and vary from cooking or plating certain dishes to establishing the menu and dealing with the ingredient providers. Therefore, the position requires both culinary and managerial skills.
- Full driving licence and own reliable transport is required due to the location.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Be an existing Sous Chef but the Head Chef may consider a Junior Sous Chef looking to make the next step in their career.
· Experience in a high-quality kitchen,
· Experience in high volume kitchens.
· Pays great attention to detail around food specification, cooking methods and the invoicing of goods we receive.
· Gets excited about using fresh, seasonal and local produce
· Have a passion and flair for cooking and can contribute to menu ideas
· Understands the importance of food margin control and has the skills to achieve it.
· Able to motivate and train junior members of the team
· Able to support the Head Chef and look after the kitchen properly in their absence
· Able to communicate daily to the relevant departments
· Able to adhere to company standards and procedures and can hit financial and management targets
· Have a good working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH
· Have a current certification in Food Hygiene
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive basic salary ranging from £26,000 per annum.
- Tips and tronc will be issued, roughly an extra £3000 - £4000 per annum on top of your basic salary.
- £2000 performance related bonus issued quarterly.
- You will be working under very talented Head Chef.
- Contacted hours are 48 per week which will include splits and straights with 2 days a week starting 2pm.
- Parking on site as own transport is required due to the location.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Sous Chef or Junior Sous Chef.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on email@example.com putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
Apply for Sous Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly